Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title:||(الجمعيّة الخيريّة الأرثوذكسيّة في بيروت (1868-1935||Other Titles:||The Beneficence Orthodox Society of Beirut (1868-1935)
La société orthodoxe de bienfaisance de Beyrouth
|Keywords:||الجمعيّة الخيريّة الأرثوذكسيّة (بيروت)
Orthodox Society (Beirut)
|Issue Date:||2014||Publisher:||University of Balamand||Part of:||Chronos||Issue:||29||Start page:||62||End page:||94||Abstract:||
Beirut city witnessed a remarkable development in the second half of the 19th century, and rose to be an Ottoman district in 1888. Religious, cultural, social, and educational institutions were established, and it became a multi-religious population.
This development led to the foundation of many charitable, cultural, and social associations, among which was the Orthodox Charitable Society, founded in 1868 and in activity till 1935. This article presents the role of this charitable society in the development of the Beiruti Orthodox population.
|URI:||https://scholarhub.balamand.edu.lb/handle/uob/6226||Open URL:||Link to full text||Type:||Journal Article|
|Appears in Collections:||Chronos|
Show full item record
checked on Mar 22, 2023
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.