Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://scholarhub.balamand.edu.lb/handle/uob/6117
Title: Assessment of runoff water quality from green roofs
Authors: Farah, Georgio
Advisors: Bachawati, Makram El 
Keywords: Green roof, runoff water quality, vegetation, substrate, concentration
Subjects: Green roofs (Gardening)
Water quality
Dissertations, Academic
University of Balamand--Dissertations
Issue Date: 2022
Abstract: 
A green roof is a well-merged technology applied in several nations worldwide as an inventive solution for roofs. It is an existent vegetated ecosystem of self-sufficient vegetation and fine soil. There are three types of green roofs: intensive, extensive, and semi-extensive. This master thesis compiles, reports, and compares different parameters tested in runoff water from green roofs. In addition, this thesis assesses and compares the quality of drinkable water, tap water, and wastewater from the University of Balamand (UOB) wastewater treatment plant. 83% of papers analyzing Phosphorous Total PT (N=55) revealed that its concentration has increased by 14, whereas the remaining 17% (N=11) showed that the concentration of PT decreased by 42%. In line with this, 91% of the papers analyzing Phosphate PO43- (N=21) stated that the concentration of PO43- increased by 47.6, while in 9% of the documents (N=2), the concentration of PO43- decreased by 48%. The tested drinkable water is considered suitable for drinking as its Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) is less than 250 mg/L. The tap water was also regarded as good water as its TDS is less than 300 mg/L. The wastewater from UOB wastewater treatment plant is considered medium due to its value of TDS (800.3 mg/L).
Description: 
Includes bibliographical references (p. 51-69)
URI: https://scholarhub.balamand.edu.lb/handle/uob/6117
Rights: This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the personal and educational use exceptions must be obtained from the copyright holder
Type: Thesis
Appears in Collections:UOB Theses and Projects

Show full item record

Record view(s)

15
checked on Dec 6, 2022

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.