Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://scholarhub.balamand.edu.lb/handle/uob/2397
Title: Physicochemical characterization of Au/CeO2 solids. Part 2: the impregnation preparation method
Authors: Aboukaïs, Antoine
Aouad, Samer 
Ayadi, Houda El
Skaf, Mira
Labaki, Madona
Cousin, Renaud
Abi Aad, Edmond
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry 
Keywords: Adsorption
Oxides
Impregnation
Electron microscopy
Electron resonance
Issue Date: 2012
Part of: Materials chemistry and physics
Volume: 137
Issue: 1
Start page: 42
End page: 47
Abstract: 
Au/CeO2 solids with different gold contents were prepared using the impregnation method. Electron microscopy (SEM and TEM) studies indicated the formation of both nanoparticles and large gold particles on the surface of the ceria support. SEM and XRD analyses revealed that the number and size of large particles increases with the gold content in the solid. The XPS technique showed that 90% of the total gold is in the metallic form Au0 while the remaining 10% were cationic gold species Au+. These latter were formed following calcination under dry air at 400 °C and are located in the proximity of the O2− and/or Cl− present on the support. These Au+ species are present at the edge of gold particles and they were reduced into metallic gold when the solid was vacuum treated (5–7.10−4 mbar) at 400 °C for 1 h. When air was adsorbed at room temperature on the latter vacuum treated solids, two EPR signals were obtained. The first one was assigned to O2− species whereas attributing the second signal was difficult and required a more detailed investigation that will be presented in a forthcoming work. Highlights ► Au/CeO2 solids prepared by the impregnation method present Au particles ranging from 5 nm up to 600 nm. ► The adsorption of air on Au/CeO2 to the formation of two different species. ► The adsorption of air at room temperature leads to the formation of O2−. ► The adsorption of air at room temperature leads to another species which is not obtained when pure oxygen is adsorbed. ► The Au/CeO2 solid is a potential candidate for DeNOx at room temperature.
URI: https://scholarhub.balamand.edu.lb/handle/uob/2397
DOI: 10.1016/j.matchemphys.2012.08.074
Ezproxy URL: Link to full text
Type: Journal Article
Appears in Collections:Department of Chemistry

Show full item record

SCOPUSTM   
Citations

6
checked on Dec 4, 2021

Record view(s)

4
checked on Dec 4, 2021

Google ScholarTM

Check

Dimensions Altmetric

Dimensions Altmetric


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.